Startup Manipur Guide Lines # 1
Support and Strengthen the Entrepreneurial Culture
The Vision: Make Manipur, one of the top Startup destinations in the North East by providing the most enabling ecosystems to support and nurture start-up entrepreneurship in the State.
1. Strengthen the Start up culture in the State by fostering greater social acceptance and recognition of promising start ups, through strategic investment, policy interventions and such other programmes.
2. Encourage and inspire the youth of Manipur to actively consider entrepreneurship as a career choice by including appropriate learning modules, developing relevant entrepreneurship development programmes in vocational institutions and supporting outreach programmes, interactions with entrepreneurs, e-cells and entrepreneurship development centres across educational institutions in the State.
3. Support and strengthen existing business incubators and accelerators in the State.
4. Encourage sitting up new business incubators in the State in collaboration with private sector.
5. Continuously provide enabling mechanisms to start ups, through training and skill development, capacity building, networking, access to knowledge and support services, etc.
6. Implement a supportive regulatory framework that enables hassle free and time bound statutory clearances for all start ups.
7. Provide appropriate infrastructural support required to enable start ups to set up and grow rapidly.
8. Create a platform for accessing multiple avenues that provide financial support to start ups in Manipur, like grants, bank loans, fiscal incentives, etc.
9. Create enabling environment and supporting eco-system that facilitates 1000 start ups in next five years.
10. Growth of start ups would be largely sector agnostic, it would be appropriate to give added focus to areas particularly suitable for Manipur:
i. Entrepreneurship initiatives that enable suitable and inclusive socio-economic development across the whole State.
ii. Entrepreneurship development activities that leverage the natural resources, human skills and other strength areas of the State.
iii. Innovative ideas, new business domains and sectors that have high future growth potential would be encouraged.
iv. Particular encouragement to sectors and capabilities that can catalyze growth across multiple industries or can have a multiplier effect.
Network of Entrepreneurship Development Centres (NEDC):
• Create a NEDC in Universities and leading Higher Education Institutes.
• State will facilitate capacity building of NEDC partner institutions through active collaboration with leading business incubators (BI) in the State and outside.
• State will assist in creating Business Incubators in the State to enable them incubate a number of Start ups.
• Preferential lease of land from State Government as per its land policy to government recognised BIs in the State.
• About 20% of space available will be earmarked in existing and forthcoming Industrial Estates.
• Access to Government R&D labs and resources to start ups will be facilitated by State Government.
• State will facilitate creation of a state wide Mentor and Expert Network (MEN) for Start ups.
• Provision for one stop comprehensive service to promising Start ups through website.
• Access to list of market and potential buyers inside and outside the state through MEN.
• Providing potential investors to select the project from the database that they would be interested to fund.
• Market development support through FICCI, IITF.
a. Student Start up
i. Eligibility: Any student who is undergoing Graduate/Post-Graduate/Degree/Master Courses.
* Weekend Mentorship programme designed for Students.
* Seed funding and other support services.
iii. How to apply: Through website of www.StartupManipur.in
iv. Funding range: Subsidy upto 25% of the total cost but not exceeding 5 lakhs.
b. Women Startup
i. Eligibility: Any woman Startup entrepreneur.
• Mentorship, Incubation, legal support etc.
• Funding for the Startup.
iii. How to apply: Through the website www.StartupManipur.in
iv. Funding range: Subsidy upto 25% of the total cost but not exceeding 10 lakhs.