46 including CRPF quartet test positive, 109 Bn sealed

STAFF REPORTER
IMPHAL, 14th Jul: A total of 46 people including a serviceman of 109 Battalion CRPF, Mongsangei tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 24 hours at the VRDLs of RIMS and JNIMS.
Following this development, DC Imphal West Naorem Praveen has declared 109 Bn CRPF as a containment zone. As per the order, the Battalion area is to be sealed, along with barring entry/exit of people from the area, closure of all schools and offices in the area, prohibition on movement of vehicles and any public gathering, increasing surveillance of Covid-19 cases and compulsory use of Aarogya Setu application by the people in the area.
Additionally, the containment zone include the road leading to the Battalion on the north, Mongsangei Makha Leikai and IVR road leading to Mayai Lambi on the South, a ground on the east and the Indoor hall gym of the Battalion on the west. Anyone found in violation shall be punished as per the provision of Section 188 of IPC, 1960, the order conveyed.
Meanwhile, as per a report released by state health department additional director and spokesperson Dr Khoirom Sasheekumar Mangang, all Covid-19 related information and stories could be accessed from the website www.manipurcovidstories.org, which was launched by the Chief Minister on July 4.
The report further informed that 46 individuals (33 male, 13 female) were confirmed positive for Covid-19 in the last 24 hours at the VRDL of RIMS (30), JNIMS (12) and SDH Lab, Jiribam (4). Of the 46 cases, three are from Churachandpur, four from Imphal East, six from Imphal West, four from Jiribam, five from Kangpokpi, 11 from Tamenglong, three from Thoubal and 10 from Ukhrul. All of them had returned from other states and have been admitted to Covid care facilities.
According to sources, another person has been confirmed as Covid-19 case in Jiribam district. Of the five total cases, four are said to be CRPF personnel and one civilian.
As per the report released by state health department additional director, 50 persons were discharged in the last 24 hours, of which 26 were discharged from Covid Care Centres of Meitram, four each from Churachandpur and Tamenglong, two each from Thoubal and Ukhrul, one from Senapati and 11 from Covid Care Facility of JNIMS after testing negative.
So far, the cumulative number of positive cases is 1672, while the active and recovered cases are 652 and 1020 respectively. The recovery rate is 61 per cent, the report added. On the other hand, a joint report by state surveillance officer IDSP Dr L Tomcha Khuman, state data manager IDSP Anthony H and state microbiologists IDSP H Shyamkishore Sharma informed that 38 returnees from abroad are in home quarantine, 1567 in government quarantine centres, 2412 in community quarantine and 422 in paid quarantine till date.
On Tuesday, 618 truckers and 39 passengers were screened at Mao gate, 197 truckers and 30 passengers at Jiribam and 353 at Imphal Airport. Around 470 trucks were screened at ISBT, 49 oil tankers at YAS complex, Khuman Lampak and 48 gas bullet tankers at Sekmai gas plant. 30 samples out of the 360 tested at VRDL, RIMS tested positive, while 12 samples out of the 508 tested at JNIMS tested positive and 4 out of the 157 at Jiribam District hospital test positive. The test results of 19 samples from Senapati District Hospital and 14 of Babina Diagnostic also came back on Tuesday, the report added.
In another development, a husband and wife duo of Nambol Khongkham, who returned from Guwahati tested negative for COVID-19, but unfortunately the husband died on Monday night at CQC Nambol Her Sec School due to chronic multiple viral infection leading to multi-organ failure. The family members who took care of him in the last stage will be allowed to go home from the CQC, Bishnupur CMO DR L Gojendra Singh said in a statement.
The CMO issued the statement subsequent to reports about a 40-year-old man passing away at a quarantine centre in Bishnupur district hours after he arrived from Guwahati.
The man, who was living in Guwahati for the last seven years, had multiple ailments, the CMO said, adding that the man died around 11 pm on Monday due to multiple organ failure at the quarantine centre, which has been set up at Nambol Higher Secondary School.
The man reportedly arrived from Guwahati in a flight on Monday afternoon and was attended to by two doctors at the quarantine centre.
Amid speculation that the man might have died due to COVID-19, the district’s health authorities collected samples of both the victim and his wife for testing, in addition to putting those who took part in the cremation at a quarantine centre.


© 2016 - 2020 The People's Chronicle. All rights reserved.