Fire at VIP dining area creates panic in Ukhrul

IMPHAL, 24th Apr: On the opening day of Shirui Festival, a fire that broke out suddenly at VIPs’ dining place created panic in Shirui village but not much damage was done. According to sources, the dining place for chief minister and other dignitaries attending the opening function of the festival was arranged at AIFAD building located around 3km from the main venue. A fire broke out suddenly at the kitchen and dining hall of VIPs around 12 noon but security personnel detailed nearby and district fire service personnel doused the fire and prevented it from causing major damage.


© 2016 - 2018 The People's Chronicle. All rights reserved.